Japan Airlines, which has 45 787s on order, expects to have its first in place when it starts service from Boston to Narita International Airport on April 22, but will use a 777 as a backup. The airline will operate four flights per week until daily service starts June 1.
Friday, March 2, 2012
Back up plan for the Tokyo Narita - Boston route
Some people are worry about further Boeing 787 delays will affect Japan Airlines' plan to launch the new Tokyo Narita (NRT) - Boston (BOS) route on April 22 2012. Well JAL has that thought out already. In case if there are further delays, they will use Boeing 777, probably 777-200ER, as their back up.
According to Boston Herald,
So for those who have got tickets on the inaugural flight have nothing to worry about. You will still be the first to fly on this new direct flight between NRT and BOS and probably received a certification. But if there is further delay, you might be disappointed and not be the first one to travel on JAL's new 787.
As of today, JAL still plan to launch the NRT-BOS route with 787 and there's no indication of further 787 delay at this point. Rumor has it JAL will be receiving their first 787 some time this month. So we will find out really soon, say 2.5 more weeks :) I have my fingers crossed and hope nothing else will go wrong :D
- ► 2013 (105)
- JAL extended HND international Arrival Lounge camp...
- JAL extends arrival shower campaign till March 31 ...
- JAL announces 787 training flight schedules
- JAL expands online partner award redemption
- Boeing's JAL 787 First Delivery Special Site
- JAL to serve breakfast on early morning flights be...
- JAL to serve AIR MISDO on Tokyo Narita - Boston fl...
- JAL reveals 787 interior and will take first 787 d...
- [UPDATED] JAL Mileage Project 2012 Update
- JAL organizes Tokyo Narita-Boston inaugural flight...
- JAL to operate extra flights to Honolulu and Guam ...
- [UPDATED] New Full-Flat bed seats coming in early ...
- JAL to operate special Hong Kong - Sendai charter ...
- Back up plan for the Tokyo Narita - Boston route
- ▼ March (14)
- ► 2011 (115)
- ► 2010 (265)