|JAL to provide English version of SKY MANGA|
JAL announces that it will finally roll out the English contents to its popular SKY MANGA, the world's first electronic manga service onboard. A total of 6 sets and 30 volumes of English manga will be available through MAGIC-V inflight entertainment system installed on the 787s. This is on top of the 38 sets and 100 volume of Japanese contents already available right now. JAL plans to update the content every 3 months.
Below are the English contents that will be available from August 1 2013
- Bakuman (Volume 1- 5) by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata
- Bleach (Volume 1- 5) by Tite Kubo
- One Piece (Volume 1- 5) by Eiichiro Oda
- Dragon Ball (Volume 1- 5) by Akira Toriyama
- Kimi ni Todoke (From Me to You) (Volume 1- 5) by Karuho Shiina
- Nana (Volume 1 - 5) by Ai Yazawa
JAL rolled out the SKY MANGA service when it first rolled out the 787 service on Tokyo Narita - Boston route. When JAL first announced the service back in 2011, it mentioned English contents might be added in the future and it has finally come true :) But unfortunately the SKY MANGA service is still limited to flights operated with 787 only. Not sure why JAL did not add this new inflight entertainment feature on the newly retrofitted SKY SUITE 777 with MAGIC-V system.
For more details, you can refer to JAL Press Release (Japanese, English)