|The refreshed Cathay Pacific First Class cabin. Image by Cathay Pacific Airways|
[Update: Added picture of the new CX sleep suite by PYE]
Today, Cathay Pacific Airways (CX) finally reveals more details and more importantly pictures of the upcoming First Class cabin. As I reported last month, this is just an incremental update to keep the products fresh to its First Class passengers as CX sees no pressing need to completely overhaul its First Class product as this point.
|Cathay Pacific First Class upgrades its first class seat with a more premium look. Image by Cathay Pacific Airways|
|New Cathay Pacific First Class cabin from the back. Image by Cathay Pacific Airways|
The new cabin is designed by Foster + Partners, who also designed the First Class Lounge of The Wing in Hong Kong. Below are the highlights of the new design and features.
- The suite enclosure now features a highly glossy dark grey texture material
- Side console and interior now wrapped in natural leather with subtle linings, refined stitching and fewer panels
- Leather pads with subtle stitching on latches
- Seat fabric although is not leather, it is custom-made and has a soft and smooth texture
- Individual hand-made artworks made of copper and steel created by Maria Lobo and Linda Leviton
- More adjustable meal table
- More Spacious personal closet
- Additional space inside the console compartment for personal items
- Add a new drink holder on the new side console top
- New wash basin and counter top have been installed in the lavatory
- New 4.3" LCD touch-screen controller for seat and lighting adjustments
- New tailor-made reading lights with 5 level of brightness with wider rotation angle
- Upgraded to BOSE QuiteComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Canceling headphones
- Added iPhone/iPod connector for passengers to watch their own videos through their personal screen (not sure if iPhone 5 is supported)
- Added USB port for device charging
- Redesigned bedding made with high-quality 500 thread count cotton fabrics
- Thicker mattress will be provided
- New sleep suit made with 100% organic cotton and designed by PYE
- Female passengers will be provided with a new Trussardi amenity bag in complementary colors, while male passengers will continue to get amenity kits in an Ermenegildo Zegna black pouch.
|Cathay Pacific has upgraded its First Class bedding which includes thicker mattrees. Image by Cathay Pacific Airways|
|New CX First Class Sleep Suite by PYE. Image by PYE|
PYE has posted a picture of the new CX Sleep Suite and amenities on its Facebook page. The new sleep suite will continue to have a traditional Chinese look just like the old Shanghai Tang one. Not sure if CX will continue to have different colors of its sleep suite on outbound and inbound flights though.